10 December 2008

Olig Snush

This is my first post. Inspired by the conversation I had with my 3 year old the other day wherein he described the trains he was creating out of plastic snap-together blocks. Here's what I wrote down at the time:


My son made three engines out of blocks this morning: Ari Pierson Kanter, Blueberry and Olig Snush. Olig Snush had brakes that went down when he tried to go, and pistons that went sideways, and he fell down once a day. But that is all fixed now. It turns out the Olig Snush owns the railroad – he is from England, and he went from England ALL the way back to here [Seattle]. Olig Snush is really old. Blueberry, on the other hand, is a new diesel engine. She’s a girl. All the other engines tease her because they are steam engines and they don’t want her to be a diesel. Blueberry doesn’t like people yelling at her.

I told Ari, my son, that I wanted a tape recorder so that I could keep all of this straight, and he said “Oh, you’ll remember it.” So here I am writing it down. I want to make sure to remember that Ari Pierson Kanter squeaks because he doesn’t have pistons.


Tonight, two days later, Olig Snush is still around. Retooled, and smaller, as are his friends Blueberry and Ari Pierson Kanter, but still chugging around the house.


My husband Evan, who is sitting next to me just said: "Are you blogging next to me? I don't know if I can handle this."

We have taken to bringing our laptops to bed recently. Too much computer time but at least we are sitting in close proximity, rather than at our desks (which are in the same room, but with our backs to one another).

No comments:

Post a Comment