10 December 2008

Missing

I am hoping that this blog doesn't become simply a series of posts about cute things my toddler says, as fun as that would be to write. However, I have to include one more entry about something Ari said today. We were driving home from his preschool this evening and he said "Mom, I missed you today, but in a good way." We have talked in the past about this idea of missing each other when he's at school, and I've tried to tell him that I miss him "in a good way" which means that I am thinking about him and how happy he is at school and that missing him doesn't mean I am sad. A fter we got home tonight I took him next door for dinner with our neighbors and their 3-year old son while Evan and I both attended meetings. When he arrived he said to his friend "Jonah, I missed you when you were in Alaska [over Thanksgiving], in a good way." I'm not sure if the "in a good way" meant anything in the context of this otherwise heartfelt statement that he had missed his friend, but I loved that he said it. Then he said "OK, I want to go up and see your trains!" and they ran off with barely a goodbye to mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment