30 May 2011

Contemplating a Different Site

I have some new volunteering gigs, which is really nice.  At one I am helping people who live in Wellington City Council housing to use computers.  More on that later, but as a part of that work, I am looking at all the various resources that are shown to the residents to help them get online and make the most of it.  One is a website called Weebly that  helps you make your own website.  It's really simple to use and since it's a website that includes a blog page, you can have more than one page going.  I named mine "Tiny Blue Hippo" which at the moment I am feeling very partial to.  It's too much work to maintain two blogs of course, so I may have to move over there or change the name of this thing to Tiny Blue Hippo.  I'd like to figure out how to better link to news stories than I do here (well, I don't here).  I do it on Facebook but haven't figured it out in blogland.  Maybe that will be Wednesday's learning experience at the computer hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment